How to Get Feedback for Your Website
Like my website? Tell me more about it! Good feedback is the one thing we all seek after our store or website is set up. Ideally from someone who hasn’t been worrying over the store design for the past 24 hours.
The first thing you might turn to are forum postings. And the community may have a few valuable insights about your store. However, you usually don’t get a lot of responses from forums and they tend to be tempered by the fear of offending you with their frank opinions.
So what other options do you have? Other than forum posts, there are many tools out there that can help. Some are free, others aren’t. Here are a few that would suit store owners who are looking to get feedback quickly.
Concept Feedback – Free feedback from a community of professionals. The site has an interesting credit system which encourages the community to give quality feedback.
Feedback Roulette - Free community driven peer review site. The idea behind this site is simple. Review other websites and other people will review your website
Feedback Army - Straight and to the point, this site offers 10 reviews for $15. They use Amazon’s Mechanical Turk service to gather feedback. To protect you, you have the power to reject any poor responses that you receive.
These three tools involve little work on your part and are pretty cheap. But there is no free lunch, and it’s no surprise that the quality of feedback will vary. There are other tools out there that help you to conduct your own analysis for in-depth feedback. Here are some others for you to check out.
- Five Second Test – Analyze the most prominent elements of your design.
- Usabilla - Remote usability testing to get visual feedback on your website.
- Click Tale – Record visitor actions and detailed heat maps.
- Userfly - Record user visits.
- Clixpy - Track everything your site’s users do.
- Crazy Egg – Visualize every click your visitors make.
Here are some other excellent sources of information for your reading pleasure!
- Information Gathering – A Round-up of UX Applications - by UX Booth
- 10 Excellent Services To Get Feedback For Your Design Works - by InspiredMag
- Quick and Dirty Remote User Testing - by A List Apart