25 Marketing Blogs You Should Be Following
Out adrift in in the vast sea of online content, it’s very easy to suffer from content overload.
“What should I read?”
“Who should I follow?”
“How will I know if their advice is helpful?”
To save you the trouble, we decided to compile a list of our own favorite blogs that we follow!
We feature these blogs for their thought leadership and/or breathtaking presentation. They’ve helped us gain new perspectives and improved the way we work– and we’re betting you’ll experience the same thing.
Without further ado, here are 25 blogs that every marketer should read:
Blogs about Marketing
1. Quick Sprout – Your guide to boosting web traffic
Some of their popular posts include:
2. Adhere Creative – Inbound marketing & brand development made to stick
Adhere Creative is all about brand development and inbound marketing. It’s managed by a team of talented writers, including Nathan Yerian (Director of Strategy), Matthew Lee (Director of Marketing), and three marketing managers: Eunice David, Ericka Lewis, and Aaron Mireles.
Some popular articles on their blog include:
- Content Marketing 101: Developing an Editorial Calendar
- Top 10 Influential Social Media Marketing Campaigns of 2013
3. Duct Tape Marketing – Expert tips for small businesses
Read these first:
4. A Better Lemonade Stand – Practical ecommerce solutions
A Better Lemonade Stand produces articles pertaining to digital marketing and ecommerce.
Richard Lazazzera started the blog to document his thoughts and experiences in digital marketing and ecommerce, as well as educate and inspire others.
If you want to know about how to optimize your ecommerce business, do check out posts like:
5. Copyblogger – Creating killer online content
Copyblogger founder, Brian Clark, continues to contribute content for the blog today.
Popular posts include:
- 10 secrets to more magnetic copy
- A simple plan for writing one powerful piece of online content per week“.
6. Buffer – Social media tools and hacks
The Buffer blog delivers articles with effective and actionable social media tips to help you get ahead of the game.
Courtney Seiter, Head of Content Marketing for Buffer, maintains the blog, ensuring that it delivers quality content to readers.
Insightful posts include:
- The Anatomy of a Perfect Blog Post: The Data on Headlines, Length, Images and More
- A Scientific Guide to Posting Tweets, Facebook Posts, Emails, and Blog Posts at the Best Time
7. Shopify – Ecommerce marketing for small businesses
The blog is maintained by an in-house editorial team and writers, but accepts guest writers as well!
Read these first:
- How to Sell Online: The Single Best Pieces of Advice From 41 Successful Ecommerce Entrepreneurs
- Why Every Ecommerce Business Needs a Blog (And 9 Ideas to Get You Started)
8. Bluleadz – Inbound marketing tips & advice
Articles by Bluleadz focus on inbound marketing, helping marketers to improve brand awareness and bring in more traffic.
Some of their good posts include:
9. Convince & Convert – Digital marketing advice
The folks at Convince & Convert are digital marketing advisors, who help marketers level up their social media and content marketing.
Their articles focus on just that, with posts such as:
- How to create people-powered content that works for your brand
- 4 ways to thump your competition with better Facebook analysis
10. KISSmetrics – The data & analytics digest
Like their main product, the KISSmetrics blog is known for their data and analytics articles.
Some of their latest posts include:
11. ConversionXL – Conversion optimization junkie
As the name suggests, ConversionXL’s aim is to help readers optimize their conversion rates.
Some of their all-time favorite posts are:
12. RocketWatcher – Marketing tips that launch B2Bs to the stars
Some of her more recent posts include:
- 7 Steps to Better Startup Value Propositions
- Be Awesome at Startup Marketing and Sales: The Only 2 Things You Need to Know
13. Help Scout – Insights into customer service & loyalty
Building customer loyalty is Help Scout’s forte. Their blog empowers readers to do so with helpful tips on creating memorable customer experiences and about appealing to them.
The blog content for Help Scout is headed by Gregory Ciotti, whose essays have been published on sites like FastCompany, Inc, Forbes, etc.
Read these first:
14. Neuromarketing – Psychology-based marketing tips
Combining neuroscience and other aspects of psychology with marketing, Neuromarketing produces articles that are backed by science and scrutinzed fiercely by a scientific lens.
Currently, they also curate research-backed online content that provide psychological insights into marketing. Some articles include:
- Do Open Offices Destroy Productivity?
- Dominate Social Media, the 5-Second Conversion Window, & More – Roger’s Picks
15. ReferralCandy – Referral marketing & word of mouth
If you don’t already know, ReferralCandy (that’s us!) specializes in customer acquisition through automated word-of-mouth referrals.
Our blog started out covering a wide range of topics, including, content marketing, social issues in ecommerce, and more, but we’re now focusing on word-of-mouth.
Some popular posts include:
- Why Referral Marketing is Awesome [Infographic]
- An Epic List Of 47 Referral Programs
- The 9 Most Powerful Blog Promotion Tactics From Top Marketing Experts [Infographic]
Blogs by Influential Marketers
16. Seth Godin
In his blog, he presents useful marketing tips and ideas on how to change the way you think. His posts are always short but punchy and insightful, making it very helpful and shareable at the same time.
His recent posts include:
17. Amy Porterfield
Amy Porterfield is an author (Facebook Marketing All-in-One for Dummier) and social media strategist. You can expect meaty tips and advice from her blog that’ll help you get the most out of social media.
She also has a popular podcast segment, where industry players will be invited to share their insights and tips on a wide range of topics.
Some of her popular blog posts are:
- The 10 Commandments of Using Pinterest for Business
- How to Increase Fan Engagement on Your Facebook Page
18. Guy Kawasaki
Guy Kawasaki is the author of more than 10 books, some of which include: APE: Author, Publisher, Entrepreneur, Enchantment: The Art of Changing Hearts, Minds and Actions. He was famously known as the chief evangelist of Apple, subsequently becoming an Apple Fellow.
His blog covers many topics, but his best articles are those about evangelism: making someone fall in love with your idea, and then spreading it to others on their own will, without any reward.
Some of his latest articles include:
19. Heidi Cohen
As mentioned on her blog header, Heidi Cohen focuses on marketing tips that are actionable. These tips span over a range of topics, namely social media, content marketing and mobile platforms.
Read these first:
20. Danny Brown
Danny Brown is a best-selling author (The Parables of Business; Influence Marketing), speaker as well as award-winning marketer and blogger. His blog has also been recognized as a top marketing blog by Hubspot and Social Media Examiner.
Covering topics like marketing, blogging tips and influence, some of his posts include:
- Understanding you Blog Audience and What you Want From Them
- Breaking Down the Four Ms of Influence Marketing for Better ROI
21. Andy Sernovitz
Teaching you how to optimize your marketing and word of mouth sharing, his blog includes posts like:
22. Philip Graves
Philip Graves specializes in Consumer Behavior: the study of how consumers make purchasing decisions. He has been described as one of the top consumer behavior experts.
One of his books, Consumer.ology, was named one of Amazon’s top ten best business books of the year in 2010!
Some of his consumer behavior articles in his blog include:
23. Brian Solis
Brian Solis is a widely respected digital analyst, speaker and author, known for his insights into the impacts that disruptive technology have on businesses and society.
His blog has a strong focus on disruptive technology, with articles like:
- Broadcast Yourself(ie): If You Think Gen Y is Different, Wait Until You Meet Generation Z
- Report: Digital Transformation and the New Customer Experience
24. Peter Kim
Peter Kim is currently the Chief Digital Officer at Cheil Worldwide, a marketing solutions company.
In his blog, Peter Kim talks about a wide range of topics, covering marketing, writing, how-to guides, his personal experiences, etc.
Read these first:
- Oracle Launches the Oracle Marketing Cloud
- Who’s On First? Key Problems with Location-based Services
25. Jeff Bullas
Jeff Bullas is a blogger, author, speaker and strategist that helps companies to improve their online presence and branding.
His blog focuses on social media marketing, content marketing and digital marketing.
Some of his most popular posts include:
- 35 Mind Numbing YouTube Facts, Figures and Statistics – Infographic
- 22 Social Media Facts and Statistics You Should Know in 2014
Canvas8 provides behavioral insights pertaining to business and marketing. It was founded by Nick Morris, but is powered by an awesome team of individuals with different specialties and from all over the world.
While not as marketing- or ecommerce-centric as marketing blogs, the Canvas8 blog talks about interesting trends tech, business, sports, and how it relates to human behavior.
Some notable posts are:
- Is ‘password’ really the best password you can think of
- From Twitter to WhatsApp: how social is too social?
27. Model View Culture
Model View Culture features technologists, activists, writers, educators and artists, who talk about culture, politics, tech and social issues. These topics are categorized into “issues”, focusing on the relationship between the different factors.
Shanley Kane, founder and CEO of Model View Culture, is a cultural critic and feminist, who specializes in cultural and political writing, editing, as well as startup operations.
Their most recent issue, Social Media, includes articles like:
These blogs are excellent entry points to leaner and meaner marketing. Let us know if there are any particular blogs you feel should be on this list.
Latest posts by Samuel Hum (see all)
- Literally Arousing – 15 Examples of Emotional Marketing - February 26, 2015
- Gotta Get Down On Friday: 13 Examples of Triggers Used in Marketing - February 13, 2015
- Your Friends Will Be Sooo Impressed! 15 Examples of Social Currency Used in Marketing - February 6, 2015